Sunday, May 11, 2014

On the consequences and responsibilities of limitless comprehension

Did I step on your toes recently? — you're welcome. It means I care enough about you to bother. The complete scope of my social interactions at this point in my life can be boiled down to three basic ideas: I'm no longer surprised by anything that human beings do, and whenever a person does anything at all, with a little bit of contextual research I can always fully comprehend the WHY of the behavior; I'm still curious about the supercedent behavioral vacuum inside of which all of these things occur — i.e. the infinity of dynamic reasons behind why people don't, can't or won't learn to understand their own natures; and lastly, I would like very much to share the serene transparency of omniscience with the rest of my species... particularly in light of the dire obstacles to our survival we are erecting and reinforcing in our day-to-day lives. Someday, we might actually have a true need to evolve beyond our current awareness of what is possible - and when that time comes, an ability to transition naturally will be a precious and vital commodity.

So, please, if you feel compelled to take anything I say or write personally - DO. It's because I would rather you NOT some day blink out of this particular phase of your existence with no justifiable realization of your significance to the universe. In that very last fraction of a second after your human body dies, when the energy in your brain is released from its duties, your last thought will be a perfectly honest one shared with only yourself - stripped of all of the control-fallacies and delusory mechanisms that modern life inspires (and which we seem convinced it necessitates). Wouldn't you like to know what that thought will be, before it's too late to change it? Wouldn't you like to see yourself as you really are more than just the once - as you are leaving that self behind for something else?

I know what that will be like, for me - and, in the quiet, neutral vacuum surrounding the stabilized nucleus of that epiphany, I have realized the pinnacle of my existence. It's rather cozy. You'd like it. And I'm going to continue saying and writing things that you might be able to use as tools to get there, if you were to choose to think of ideas as just that: tools for evolution. The existing systems in which our lives are entangled function absolutely contrary to that goal of growth beyond our present selves; their functions are derived from obsolete instincts intended to keep us ALIVE at ANY cost, and that means keeping us the same so long as we are alive. I can't help but point out that cost - and I will continue to do so until you can't look at life without realizing how much of it we waste by default... and how that obsolete wastefulness is not only holding us back, but pushing us backwards.


1 comment:

  1. Mr. Blase, I like your blog. You are crazy intelligent as well as articulate. Can I post a link to your blog on another blog?

    ReplyDelete