Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Beep-beep, mmm, beep-beep, yeahNOOOOO!

Did you know that:
... a person is far, far more than the sum of his or her ability to produce consumable products for other people who don't need them? (First, though, one must to realize as much)!

Why the hell would I WANT to pretend there's such a thing as a "dream job?" Stop asking me what my "dream job" is, robots! I realize that most of you have become accustomed to rigid routines of beep-beeping and have even trained yourselves to assign arbitrary values to specific configurations of beeps you encounter along the way - but I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be a human being, and I'd rather not trade more of that away than I have to. I'm certainly not willing to pretend that I fantasize about any particularly-glorified idea of slavery. No human being in its natural environment would either have or need a dream job - or any job at all beyond finding food, evading predators and surviving the elements for that matter. I have all of those things in plenty, so what exactly is there to gain by giving away far more of my time, energy, happiness, personal and objective growth... for different, but no more functional, versions of those same things? — Nothing of importance, at all! 

If it's not intrinsic, it's superfluous - and if it's superfluous, I'd have to think of a damned good reason for wasting a chunk of my life on it. My "dream job," thus, is whichever job has the least impact on my actual *life* - i.e. whichever job is the least "job" and the most "anything else." The colloquial definition of "working" doesn't even satisfy the eligibility requirements for qualification as an allowable ingredient in the fundamental idea of "living." The two are mutually exclusive!

I didn't *pick* what I love to do from a list; I invented it from scratch as I grew. I'm a professional "myself," and you couldn't pay me *any* amount of money to be anything else. Once I've got a roof over my head and food in my belly, there is literally nothing else in the world that is truly worth the cost of even the slightest amount of my humanity.

Having to endure the constant "beep, beep" is compromise enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment