Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stream of thought, stuff I can't get out of my head right now...

Genetic selection; the value of experiential pain (what is the value?); loving children for whatever they are biologically; diversity of perception (which I know is of paramount importance) as a function of diversity of experience; would biologically homogenized humanity still really be "humanity?" Would it be worth having at all? We're already almost there with our increasingly popular and endemic consumption of mainstream marketing trends of both personality and biology (appearance); people already feel pressure to both look AND act according to unnatural and arbitrary blueprints TODAY! At what ratio of natural biology to artificial biology do we lose it all - or could there actually be nothing at all of value to lose in that exchange? What would be the value of choice when choice no longer matters, because it's no longer relevant? Does hardship really make us stronger than we could otherwise be without it, or is that just a rationalization - a coping mechanism to create the illusion of power in the face of our ultimate powerlessness? I am lost. On some level I know I always will be at least a little bit lost, because that's life. I don't care about any of that right now. I just want to feel safe in my own mind, in this moment. Why? I don't know. I am lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment